Thursday, January 10, 2013

My sister, Ana Banana Caroline Spencer--Mario?!

This morning at breakfast, my little sister Ana was painting a picture of Cinderella, and she looked up at me, and said: "Claire, I think I'm painting this picture for you, I think." (Please, as you read this story, keep in mind that Ana is three. :D) So I said, "Great, Ana! Thank you." She looks up at me again, and says: "What's your real name again?" (She means my whole name.) So I say: "It's Claire Elyse Spencer."
Ana: "My name is Ana Banana (her nickname) Caroline-what's the last one again?"
Me: "Spencer."
Ana: Oh, yeah, Spencer. And Mario, too, I think."

You might be wondering: This is a three-year-old girl we're talkin' about! Why would she want her name to be Mario? And how does she even know about it?
I got the Wii game MarioKart Wii for Christmas, and, quite frankly, Ana is all over it. Whenever I play with her, she always says: "Claire, I have a great idea! let's play MarioKart!"
*She doesn't really play; I give her the other Wii remote so she thinks she's playing. if she really plays, she gets frustrated because she doesn't know how, and she doesn't have the capability yet to learn.*  
So now I have a sister named Mario.
And they all lived happily ever after. The End!

No comments:

Post a Comment